1. Seller Pre-Listing Preparation
As a seller, upfront you need to know that with many of today’s savvy homebuyers, you may never get a second chance to make a good first impression. For this reason, it’s important to be a savvy seller, and have your house fully prepared for public marketing before we put a for-sale sign in the front yard. There’s a lot to do, and we’ll guide you through every bit of it. The first step is to provide us with some information about your house.
We’ll review this information and conduct an initial Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) of your house. Then, one of our listing agents will contact you to schedule a time to meet with you at your house.
The purpose of this first meeting is to evaluate the interior and exterior of your house in order to gauge its overall marketing potential. We want you to receive top-dollar for your house, and our goal is to provide top-dollar marketing. In order to do that, upfront we need to see your house. After your In- House Evaluation, your listing agent will provide a realistic price recommendation based upon: 1. your timeline to sell, 2. the CMA, and 3. the evaluation of your house. Then, your agent will explain our listing services and agency representation, present the terms of our listing agreement, and answer any questions you may have. Once you’ve signed the listing agreement, your agent will begin walking you through the steps to prepare your house for the market.
2. Listing & Marketing Your House
Selling a house in today’s market isn’t the same process as it might have been 20 years ago. This is why Geraldson Realty specializes in visual media production and online marketing. We work hard to stay on the pulse of the market, and we’re a consistent early-adopter of new marketing technologies and a local leader in online real estate marketing. With 92% of today’s homebuyers searching on websites and social media, our unique strategies and proven expertise provide a competitive edge for our seller clientele.
Here’s what we’ll do to market your house:
- We’ll list your house in the local MLS (CARMLS – Cooperative Arkansas REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service) and on all of the major real estate sites where buyers go to search for a home (Realtor.com, Zillow.com, Trulia.com, and many more). And, of course, your listing will also appear on GeraldsonRealty.com.
- Additionally, we’ll host a custom-designed, geo-targeted social media ad campaign to reach local homebuyers. Creating an effective social media ad campaign—one that reaches large numbers of people locally—is more easily said than done. Frankly, the formula for success is complex, and we’ve spent many years perfecting our approach. Our methodology has proven to be consistently effective at providing targeted, verifiable local exposure. So much so, that we guarantee your social media ad campaign will reach a minimum of 10,000 local, potential homebuyers in the first week of your listing. And, we’ll provide proof at the end of week 1.
- Since most homebuyers’ first impressions of your house will be based on the content of your online listing, we believe high-quality visual content is essential. We provide in-house professional photography, videography, and 3-D imaging to produce eye-catching content that will attract buyers. Here are some examples of our work:
- Research shows that it’s highly unlikely a buyer will discover your house because of a sign in your front yard. However, a small percentage of homebuyers still search the old-fashioned way—by driving around and looking for yard signs. If any such buyers happen to be driving through your area, we’re confident they’ll spot our 6ft-tall sign in your front yard, even from a distance.
Geraldson Realty is a REALTOR® brokerage. As such, we cooperate with other REALTOR® brokerages to show and sell houses. This means that we market your house to all buyers, not just the buyers who are working with our agents. There are lots of buyers in the market, and they work with buyer’s agents from lots of different REALTOR® brokerages. So, since we cooperate with other brokerages, it’s realistic to expect that agents from other brokerages will be showing your house. To provide agents with access to your house for showings, we’ll place an electronic Supra iBox key box on your property. The Supra iBox is an efficient and secure method of storing your house key on-site, and it provides us with email notifications and reports so we’ll know exactly who has been in your house, and when. Our process for coordinating showings with you is incredibly simple:
Step 1. We receive a showing request from a buyer or an agent.
Step 2. We contact you to coordinate.
Step 3. We confirm with the buyer/buyer’s agent.
Step 4. We follow up with you to let you know we’ve completed Step 3.
Feedback is the only true way to determine what local buyers think about your house. If something about your house–décor, design, lighting, paint, etc.—is turning buyers away, the only way to make adjustments is if you know what those ‘things’ are. We follow up after every showing, and do our best to get detailed feedback from every agent that shows your house to a buyer. Though we are relentless in this task, keep in mind, our ability to gather feedback is dependent on the cooperation of individual agents.
4. Offers & Contract Negotiations
Rarely will a buyer offer you exactly what you’re asking for. Negotiating can tend to be an emotional process, and emotionally driven decision-making is often a deal-breaker for many For-Sale- by-Owner sellers. The value we provide in negotiating is twofold. First, we serve as an emotional buffer between you and buyers, in order to keep negotiations and decision-making as objective and rational as possible.
Second, we quantify–in dollar terms–all ‘puzzle pieces’ of a lengthy offer. By breaking down each offer into understandable, objective terms, we’ll help you clearly understand what’s being offered. We’ll work with you to determine and negotiate a contract that will both serve your interests and be attractive to the buyer.
From beginning to end, there will be lots of paperwork. Your agent will handle every bit of it. Geraldson Realty conducts 100% paperless transactions using electronic documents and e-signing. If you prefer printed copies of your documents, your agent can provide those upon request.
Last, but not least, your agent will accompany you to your closing to ensure that your transaction closes in accordance with your contract, and to make sure you receive your check from the title company.